Sunday, September 10, 2017
This is the latest in my series on quick, easy, and tasty meals:
This is based on recipes online and an interpretation by a local fusion restaurant that I used to frequent. While there are other alternative recipes that possibly taste better, I find that this is the quickest and easiest version.
- oyster sauce
- Sambal Oelek chilli sauce
- soy sauce
- Pun Chun Chilli sauce (optional)(or something that tastes similar. This is generally more sour then other Chilli sauces that you find out there)
- some form of meat such as chicken, pork, beef, etc... (purchase pre-diced, off-cuts, or even minced for quicker preparation time)
- vegetables suitable for stir fry (fresh or pre-cut/diced. The strange thing is that purchasing the pre-cut/diced stuff is actually cheaper and more convenient now)
- onion (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- ginger (optional)
- noodles (wheat based)
Coat meat with bicarbonate soda if desired (meat tenderiser. This step is not required at all if meat is diced into small enough pieces and cooked well) and then wash off in cold water. Marinade meat in corn flour, egg, salt, pepper (optional step). Brown off onion, garlic, and ginger (optional) with a little bit of oil. Fry off meat in same pan. Create sauce by using soy sauce, oyster sauce, Sambal Oelek, Pun Chun chilli sauce (optional), sugar and add to pan (add water to mixture if it reduces too far over time). Add vegetables. Add noodles and toss everything through sauce while everything cooks through.
- animal news
Cows - farming and the meat and dairy industry _ DW Documentary
- latest in defense
Tunnels, guns & abandoned tanks - Russia’s MoD share video of ISIS stronghold in Deir ez-Zor
Japan's atom-bomb survivors reflect on legacy
War waste – a ticking bomb for the environment _ DW Documentary
‘We will retaliate to Washington’s pressure’ - North Korean diplomat on sanctions
Nigeria - Boko Haram increasingly exploiting poor children for suicide attacks
The Stream - Who will save the Rohingya
F-35 and SU-57 computer questions
- latest in science and technology
Deadly bacteria and the pharmaceutical industry _ DW Documentary
The VW emissions scandal – past, present and future _ DW Documentary
Epilepsy drug scandal in France _ DW Documentary
- latest in finance and politics
CrossTalk Bullhorns - Free Fall
CrossTalk on North Korea - DOUBLE FREEZE
Keiser Report - RIP, Petrodollar (E1121)
BRICS Talk 2017 with Peter Lavelle
India's Slumdog Press - 101 East
Keiser Report - Social Media Making Hillary Great Again (E1120)
Inside Story - What influence do BRICS nations have
Inside Story - What to do about North Korea
What's behind world's recent extreme weather events - Inside Story
Is dialogue still possible to end Gulf dispute - Inside Story
Brazil - Media, monopolies and political manipulations - Listening Post
N Korea unfazed by talks of increasing sanctions - Counting the Cost
Delcy Rodriguez - No humanitarian crisis in Venezuela - Talk to Al Jazeera
What's Myanmar's government doing to end the Rohingya crisis - Inside Story
The Stream - Who will save the Rohingya
What's Myanmar's government doing to end the Rohingya crisis
The Stream - Should Guatemala strip President Morales of immunity
Inside Story - What's the fallout from scrapping DACA
'West wants to see Middle East divided' - Hezbollah co-leader (EXCLUSIVE)
McDonald's workers launch first strike in UK
- Endpoint security software vendor Carbon Black has been found to be exfiltrating data from several Fortune 1000 companies due to the architecture of its Cb Response software, the information security services and managed services provider DirectDefense claims.
A blog post written by its president, Jim Broome, described the Cb Response software as "the world’s largest pay-for-play data exfiltration botnet".
He claimed that experts in his company had been able to rec cover the following kinds of information pertaining to Fortune 1000 companies:
Cloud keys (AWS, Azure, Google Compute) – which can provide access to all cloud resources;
App store keys (Google Play Store, Apple App Store) – which can be used to upload rogue applications that will be updated in place;
Internal usernames, passwords, and network intelligence;
Communications infrastructure (Slack, HipChat, SharePoint, Box, Dropbox, etc.);
Single sign-on/two factor keys;
Customer data; and
Proprietary internal applications (custom algorithms, trade secrets).
Broome said that the leaked data existed primarily around a number of executable formats. "We haven’t seen evidence of this in documents or PDFs yet. However, if handled incorrectly, even executables can easily contain serious data leakage of information that can be hazardous to a company’s security posture."
Carbon Black, formerly Bit9, provides a whitelisting solution in the Cb Response software. The software connects to endpoints and checks files, using a cloud look-up service to do the work due to the sheer number of files that need to be checked.
Broome said there was a problem in this methodology because "without a large sample set to determine what was good or bad already available to their users, Carbon Black deferred the decision to a cloud-based multiscanner service".
"Ultimately Carbon Black would have a bunch of anti-virus solutions decide which files were bad, and remove the offending file from the set of things customers could whitelist," Broome said.
"This worked well for their customers, but it brought a new wrinkle into the equation. What about the good files that haven’t been seen on the cloud-based multiscanner? The answer was obvious. The files must be uploaded, have all the A-V engines scan them, and then use those scores. So, Carbon Black began uploading files from their customers to their cloud, and from their cloud to the multiscanner solution."
Cloud-based multiscanners are operated as a for-profit business and allow access to anyone who paid the requisite fee.
"Access to these tools includes access to the files submitted to the multiscanner corpus (it’s hard to analyse malware that you don’t have)," Broome wrote.
"This means that files uploaded by Cb Response customers first go to Carbon Black (or their local Carbon Black server instance), but then are immediately forwarded to a cloud-based multiscanner, where they are dutifully spread to anyone who wants them and is willing to pay."
He said the amount of data available on the multiscanner could be gauged from Carbon Black's statement that by the end of 2015 it had sold more than seven million software licences and had about 2000 customers worldwide.
Explaining the operation that was causing so many files to be available on the multiscanner, Broome said when a new file appeared on a protected endpoint, a cryptographic hash was calculated.
"This hash is then used to look up the file in Carbon Black’s cloud. If Carbon Black has a score for this file, it gives the existing score, but if no entry exists, it requests an upload of the file. Since Carbon Black doesn’t know if this previously unseen file is good or bad, it then sends the file to a secondary cloud-based multiscanner for scoring. This means that all new files are uploaded to Carbon Black at least once."
He said his staff had stumbled across the vulnerability while analysing potential malware and utilising the analyst interface of a large cloud-based multiscanner to do so.
A useful feature of this multiscanner was that it allowed searching for similar malware to get some context. "..,in doing so, we stumbled across a couple of files that were very different. These seemed to be internal applications from a very large (and completely unrelated to our original customer) telecommunications equipment vendor.
"After determining they were unrelated, we became curious about how such files could have gotten up onto the multiscanner corpus to begin with."
Broome said all the other files were discovered to have been uploaded by a similar uploader which was obscured behind an API key.
"By doing some research, we determined that this is the primary key for uploading files by Carbon Black for Cb Response. By searching for similar uploads from this key, we found hundreds of thousands of files comprising terabytes of data. We started downloading some of these and digging a little deeper," he said.
"We downloaded about 100 files (we found JAR files and script files to be the easiest to analyse by script), and ran these files through some simple pattern matching. When we got hits, we’d try to extrapolate where they came from. We were not trying to be exhaustive in analysis, and only repeated this operation a few times to see if it still held true."
Broome said his staff had found files from a large streaming media company, a social media company, a financial services company.
In response, Carbon Black's chief technology officer Michael Viscuso said DirectDefense was wrong to say there was an architectural flaw in Cb Response that leaked customer data.
"In fact, this is an optional feature (turned off by default) to allow customers to share information with external sources for additional ability to detect threats," he said.
To this, DirectDefense responded by stating that while the setting was off by default, "the recommendations or messaging from Carbon Black’s professional services team during the course of installing the product is to turn this feature on to help accelerate the analysis of the file scans".
- Jerusalem (AFP) - Israel is pushing ahead with a project to build a giant underground wall around the Gaza Strip to block tunnels that could be used for attacks, the army said on Thursday.
The project comes after the government faced heavy criticism over Hamas's use of tunnels in the 2014 Gaza war, with a state inquiry earlier this year accusing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and army top brass of having been unprepared for the threat.
"In the coming months, we are going to accelerate the construction of the barrier," Major General Eyal Zamir told journalists.
"We hope that construction will be complete in two years."
Army radio reported that the wall, comprising concrete planks and sensors, will stretch some 64 kilometres (40 miles).
It is expected to be some six metres (20 feet) high and 40 metres (130 feet) deep, and cost around three billion shekels (710 million euros, $834 million).
It will also include an offshore barrier intended to stop sea-based commando attacks.
Construction Minister Yoav Galant, also a former military commander, said the wall will be built in Israeli territory parallel to the border fence sealing off the Palestinian enclave run by Islamist movement Hamas.
"The fact that the work will be located in our sovereign territory rules out any justification for attacks against those working there," Galant told army radio.
A military official made similar comments to AFP on condition of anonymity, saying "the barrier's purpose is defensive only."
The army also distributed photographs of what it said were two civilian buildings in the north of the Gaza Strip with tunnel entrances within.
Zamir said that "Hamas is digging tunnels under civilian homes in the Gaza Strip and will be held responsible if we are forced to attack targets," he said.
"Residents must understand that we consider those buildings as legitimate targets and that those who live there are putting their lives in danger."
Attack tunnels were a key weapon for Hamas during the 2014 Gaza war.
Hamas also built a vast network of tunnels under Gaza's border with Egypt to smuggle goods and allegedly weapons.
The Israeli army found and destroyed several tunnels during the 2014 war, while Egypt has also destroyed smuggling tunnels.
Israel and Hamas have fought three wars in the Gaza Strip since the group wrested control of the territory from the rival Fatah movement of Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas in 2007.
Destroying the tunnels and stopping Gaza-based Palestinian militants, particularly Hamas, from launching rockets into Israel were the key declared goals of Israel's 2014 offensive.
The war killed 2,251 Palestinians and left 100,000 homeless, according to the United Nations.
On the Israeli side, 74 people were killed, all but six of them soldiers.
- Istanbul (AFP) - Turkish authorities on Thursday detained a Russian suspected member of the Islamic State (IS) jihadist group for allegedly plotting a drone attack on an American warplane at a US base in southern Turkey.
State-run Anadolu news agency said that Renat Bakiev is accused of seeking to stage an attack at "the Incirlik airbase or a plane stationed there".
Quoting local police, it said that "for this purpose, he worked to obtain a drone".
Dogan news agency added that Bakiev is suspected of seeking to "stage a bomb attack aiming to bring down a US plane using a drone" at the Incirlik airbase.
He allegedly carried out reconnaissance work for the plot, both reports said, without giving further details on how the plan would have been put in place.
Anadolu further reported the suspect had asked fellow IS members through the Telegram messaging app for 2,800 lira ($790) in order to buy the drone.
- The supply agreement will be Japan's first military aid deal since lawmakers scrapped a rule in June barring giveaways of surplus military kit to other countries.
"We are looking at what we will do with our spare parts, but have nothing concrete we can discuss," said a spokesman for the procurement agency of Japan's defense ministry.
"In order to strengthen national security we want to push ahead with defense equipment cooperation."
Malaysia, the Philippines and Vietnam have already asked about taking Japan's submarine-hunting P3-C maritime patrol aircraft, made by Lockheed Martin Corp, as they are replaced by Kawasaki Heavy Industries P-1 planes, two of the sources said.
"There has been some preliminary discussion," said one of the sources.
- Argentina has grounded all the fighter jets in its air force - meaning it is being defended by just a few dozen propeller fighters first built in the 1970s.
Thirty-five years after the country's military invaded and occupied the Falkland Islands, the economically beleaguered South American republic now has a worse air force than it did under dictator Leopoldo Galtieri in 1982.
It was confirmed that all of its Lockheed Martin A-4AR Skyhawk jets - which are adaptations of the 1956 fighters it used in the Falklands War - had been grounded as the air force's working hours are cut to five hours a day while staff are set to stop working on Mondays and Tuesday.
- That is what links Turkey, Poland, and Hungary now with Venezuela and Russia, when they still held genuine elections. Attacks on democracy have been carried out by democratically elected leaders, in a toxic combination of populism and crude majoritarianism. The diminishing of democracy is presented as precisely the opposite, because it has the support of a significant majority.
- Washington uses the usual tools — sanctions and bombs — to enforce dollar-denominated global trade and energy trade. China has counter-attacked with everything from the biggest "win-win" trade/ infrastructure project of the 21st century — the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) — to buying energy in yuan; call it a mighty counterpunch against the infernal US debt machine. Russia for its part has fully re-emerged as a prime geopolitical/military power.
The Brzezinski doctrine — to prevent the emergence of any peer competitor, not to mention an alliance of peer competitors such as the Russia-China strategic partnership — is collapsing all over. Nuclear North Korea is just the latest visible sign of the collapse. It's as if with voting in favor of the latest sanctions package at the UNSC, Russia-China have allowed a double dare (and they sure knew in advance the rhetorical war would escalate).
The cumulative effect, for all the world to see, is Washington regime change obsession (Iran, Venezuela, etc.) and illegal trade sanctions (Russia, Iran, North Korea, etc.) run amok, while Russia-China subtly keep undermining both Washington's supply chain — as in dollar debt — and military enforcement (bomb North Korea if you dare). So it's no wonder Russia-China, as far as the North Korea drama is concerned, are all for diplomacy, while the exceptionalist US deep state craves war.
- Donald Trump loves to play golf.
So far, he has teed off twice as many times as Barack Obama had at the same point in his term. Indeed, Trump has spent as much as 20 percent of his presidency at various golf clubs. This despite the criticism Trump leveled against Obama for playing golf too much and his promise to stay away from the links if he became president. On the other hand, given the traditional association of golf and the Oval Office, Trump’s golfing “may be the most presidential, possibly the only presidential, thing he’s done so far,” sports writer Robert Lipsyte writes in TomDispatch.
- Seoul (South Korea) (AFP) - A South Korean elementary school whose name means "shit" has decided to adopt a more fragrant moniker, school officials said Friday.
Many Korean names and words are based on Chinese characters, so when rendered in the Hangul alphabet they can have the same spelling, but multiple meanings.
The unfortunate consequence for the Daebyun Elementary School in Busan is that human faeces are the first thing that come to mind when Koreans hear its name.
"Are you from Poop School?" was a typical taunt students and former pupils have endured for 55 years, reports said.
They have mounted a campaign to change the name, gathering more than 4,000 signatures since April, a school official who declined to give her name told AFP.
"We want to have a pretty school name," read a banner put up on the school wall by the students and their parents.
A school committee will choose among three options next week and submit a request to local authorities to change the name, she said, with permission expected to be granted from the spring term next year.
One of them, Haeparang or sea waves, would flush away the stench of the past, while the other two are geographically based.
Thursday, September 7, 2017
- an obvious continuation on my previous religious research:
- clear that some states have been investigating pre-cogs/prophets a lot further hoping that they could somehow unlock their secrets? The irony is my guess is that a lot of them will find the same thing. Namely, if you read about the way in which Earth and Heaven (if it exists) are organised and work then you'll realise that they are very much juxtasposed, contradictory, etc... Trying to take what you want from Heaven and mixing it with what happens on Earth just wouldn't work? As it says in the Revelations (and it's equivalent in many religions) is that one system must collapse for the other to exist?
- one of the really interesting things is that some of the pre-cogs/prophets who have 'warped through' (to Heaven, should it exist?) early sense a certain 'euphoria'. Those who don't have access, have aged, or have lost it have resorted to using drugs to re-experience this sensation? The name Heaven/Nirvana seems quite appropriate in this case (should it exist)?
- once you understand the odd mechanism for information exchange it becomes clearer why mediums/psychics have that strange limitation on querying things/information? If the information download is FTL and the medium/psychic hasn't figured out how to achieve the same upwards then information exchange effectively goes downwards only?
- obvious question for anyone is how anyone is supposed to really know what the right side/truth is? Without being a pre-cog/prophet yourself much of what's in the Holy Scriptures won't make sense? You're just hoping that other people are getting things right? The frustrating thing is that while learning about this and about humanity's history is to never lean too hard one way or another?
- abilities/miracles are used to help identify people? Ironically, they can be used to better understand the Holy Scriptures and the mentality of those who wrote them or who were ultimately behind the various religions? As I said, previously children are probably amongst the most important in this transaction because they seem to be able to have a reduced rate of 'false positives'. They need to take control of their abilities, to prove to themselves, that what they are seeing/witnessing is real? A good exercise would also be to try to have them explain their abilities to themselves/others as well? It may help Earth science wise?
- people need to be honest with themselves? It's obvious that those who haven't receieved 'confirmation' that they are entering the 'Aftelife' want to create a 'Second Outpost/Second Heaven' on Earth if possible? The obvious problem/flaw is how they've gone about it? The other problem is how they're interpreting things? They need to come to terms with the fact that if there is a God, his directives will normally outweigh those of anything that can come of Earthly origin? Moreover, given that it's quite possible that there is a 'Kingdom of Heaven' that the directions that have been provided by the Holy Scriptures were done through not only though, but experimentation, etc... There's also something else if they do intend to go down the 'transhumanist route' it's possible they may forfeit their right for 'Ascension' (though I guess it wouldn't matter much to them anyhow if they are pursuing this particular route?). They also need to remember the following. In virtually every religion it is said that they only empire that can overcome the 'Empire Paradox' and 'Utility Paradox' is the 'Empire of God' (outlined in the Revelations and equivalent section of most religions). It's becoming obvious that this may actually be true? Think carefully, if you examine humanity over thousands of years technically NO race, religion, etc... has been able to sustain itself over the long term. Look through the whole of human history and the most rapid changes in wealth distribution have occurred because of slavery, colonialism, drugs, crime, war, etc... Generally sinful activities but in the end everything tends to 'revert to the mean' and wealth stabilities which leads to the next cycle of sin, etc... Given the fact that most of humanities greatest breakthroughs (science, religion, philosophy, medicine, physics, mathematics, etc...) have generally come from people who generally double as pre-cogs/prophets it seems very likely that a genuine 'Empire of God' on Earth may be the only way to build a genuinely viable empire that scales up, allow for peace, advancement, while at the same time remaining in unison with what is taught with the Holy Scriptures at the same time (whether you believe in religion or not)?
- the fascinating thing throughout all of this is the issue of interpretation. Technically, a lot of people are doing what they believe to be true and correct but it's ending up in a drastic array of responses and behaviours (think of the Crusades, religious wars, terrorist/rebel groups, etc...)? Leads to an interesting issue. For those who advocate violence in the 'name of God'. Technically, you should know whether you're going through not hope? That's why establishing a protocol for prayer/communication is important (if real? Doesn't seem to be the case yet? Once, that is done what the other pre-cogs/prophets have experienced should make more sense to others?)? That said, if you can't break the 'cycle of sin' if the current person/people in charge aren't 'valid' in which case people just sort of hope for the best? My guess, is that if we can establish a protocol through which to pray in a way that is robust and reliable we may find some answers which may make a bit more sense? Things may become more peaceful (not ruling out that the fact that things could go awry though especially if God (if he exists) is not as benevolent, just, and peaceful as people hope him to be?)?
Mehdi Hasan _ Islam Is A Peaceful Religion _ Oxford Union
Islam, ISIL and the Papacy - UpFront special
UpFront - Islamic scholar - ISIL 'enemies of Islam' - UpFront
- the obvious thing with all of those with 'abilities' of some sort is why don't they use them more often? For instance, if Jesus was able to genuinely walk on water and change the weather then it's clear that it may have been 'fun' for him?
- it feels obvious that some people have been attempting to fuse all of the world's religions. The irony is that many of them have been saying that they are all technically correct while not really resolving some of the more difficult contradictions that are inherent when attempting to do this?
- one thing I'm wondering is whether forsaking one kingdom for the other will cause you to lose both (Kingdom of Earth for Kingdom of God and vice-versa)? Namely, if you give up everything in this life for a chance in the next life you lose this Kingdom of Earth automatically and vice-versa?
- given the nature of sexual indiscretion it's curious that many have attempted to attack this issue we haven't really solved it? Attack it from a neuro-chemical and hormonal perspectives and it feels like it's similar to drug addiction and many other types of addiction? Most current techniques involve shutting down arousal and anxiety centres. This means reduction in hormones invovled as well as areas of brain which cause stimulation. May require reduction in intake of stimulants, use of SSRI, anti-depressant type medication, Vitex, etc... Can also psychological therapies such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), electro shock therapy, distraction, meditation, isolation, etc... Temporal measures include drastically changing temperature (downwards), reduction in blood flow, etc... Can involve surgery and permanent measures such as chemical castration in extreme cases. My guess is that since most people's bodies are basically unique then technically it may be the case that medical treatments may need to somewhat unique as well? Look at precursor/building materials for both antagonists as well as agonists for critical hormones such as testerosterone, oestrogen, etc... and critical neurotransmitters such as dopamine, seratonin, etc... Can be altered through hard work (guessing that it somehow depletes body of critical components to produce necessary hormones and/or neurotransmitters?), terrible diet (reduced fat or increased trans-fats), vegetarian diet, licorice, soy, flaxseeds, vegetarian, alcohol and certain drugs/medication (anti-depressants, SSRIs, Beta-Blockers, etc... ), etc... Increase iodine to reduce chances of hypothyroidism? Testosterone is a steriod androgen. Androgen is a male sexual organ. Attacking the problem in the wrong way? For instance, in defense there is something known as a 'kill chain'. If you attack further up the chain then technically, all downstream subsystems will suffer knock on effects? Better to attack this further down the chain? There are internal mechanisms through which to discharge buildup of over excess of certain bodily materials and fluids internally? Is it better if we attack the issue by going down this particular route? As a side effect, if could be done on demand then libido match up between partners more easily achieved? Religious interpretation is obviously a problem. Some interpret it as a waste or spurning a gift from God but technically the body flushes things internally regularly as well?
Help for Hormonal Sleep Problems
Women normally have about 1/10 the amount of testosterone compared to men, but as women age their testosterone levels can increase proportionally.
Not all side effects of high testosterone levels in women are unwanted — increased muscle mass and a higher libido (sex drive), for examples.
To better deal with hirsutism, consider plucking facial hair or getting cosmetic laser treatments (electrolysis).
Vegetarian diets tend to reduce testosterone levels in the body, whereas diets high in saturated and/or monounsaturated fats tend to increase testosterone.
Cardiovascular exercise for losing weight is a great idea, but think twice before lifting heavy weights at the gym — it clearly increases testosterone production in men and likely also for women.
Foods that lower testosterone
Breakfast biscuits and cookies:
Nachos and chicken wings:
Low-fat diet & sugar:
Legumes and beans:
High-PUFA vegetable oils:
High doses of dietary fiber:
As it happens, the chemicals that throttle lust are the same ones that make life enjoyable. Antidepressants may interfere with nitric oxide, a blood molecule that relaxes smooth muscle and triggers the engorging of blood vessels in the penis, nipples, and clitoris during sex. The drugs also affect the way you think, feel, and relate to others. By raising serotonin, SSRIs overload receptors designed to keep dopamine activity high. That means less dopamine between neurons that serve as reward pathways of the brain. It is this neurotransmitter that makes possible thoughts like I want her, I need her, and even I love her. Depleting dopamine might distort, delay, or doom relationships.
The Pill That Kills Your Sex Drive
How to decrease one's sex drive?
Hormones secreted from the pituitary gland help control: growth, blood pressure, certain functions of the sex organs, thyroid glands and metabolism as well as some aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, nursing, water/salt concentration at the kidneys, temperature regulation and pain relief.
Some common anaphrodisiacs are ethanol (alcohol) and tobacco, but this is typically an unintended consequence and not often the main reason for use. While alcohol is used socially because it initially reduces mental inhibitions, studies have shown that over time alcohol physically decreases arousal and makes achieving climax more difficult. For this reason alcohol is considered an anaphrodisiac.
Opioids, the class of pain-reducing substances which include morphine, heroin, and hydrocodone, are anaphrodisiacs.
Side effects of certain antidepressant medications may be anaphroditic in nature (e.g. SSRIs and certain antipsychotics), however, there are no prescription psychotropic drugs that have reliable anaphroditic effects..
Antiandrogens such as cyproterone acetate and medroxyprogesterone acetate are sometimes prescribed to convicted sex offenders who are released on parole in an effort to stop them reoffending, however the high doses required often cause a range of side effects which may limit compliance. Other antiandrogens such as spironolactone and finasteride may also lower sex drive. Estrogens can act as anaphrodisiacs in men by suppressing testosterone production by the testicles.
- from a purely theoretical perspective one wonders what it takes in order to push humanity over the line (from the God's perspective (if he exists whatever he/it may be?))? Technically, Jesus represented 'love/forgiveness' approach, Muhammad represented more of a standard carrot/stick approach, Moses represented a carrot/stick approach , etc... (assuming these people were historically verified to be true?)
- just because you don't believe something doesn't mean that it doesn't occur? Albino animals are quite rare but they do exist. It's the same with the issue of 'God' (and religion) as well? Even if you choose to ignore it it's possible
- to build a 'Second Outpost/Second Heaven' people need to understand nature/cyclic nature of sin, how to balance/tend to their own needs versus that of the collective
Opposition is the time to acquire experience in so many aspects of political life. Knowing when an issue might "take off", learning to pick the people who know from the know-alls, learning to communicate clearly and how to build interest in an issue are just a few. The key one, of course, is learning how to accommodate different views, how to find a path that the majority can live with, to experience give-and-take on policy issues.
- it seems obvious is that if there is a 'God' and a 'Big Rip' leads to an implied regular implosion and explosion cycle of the known Universe then it's possible that there may be some evidence of some of this? For instance, ripples (if the previous implosion and explosion cycle are imperfectly overlaid? Evidence seems to be of around 2-3 up to about 12 pressure waves of some form in the structure of the Universe) in space/time itself from time to time? If the Hindu/Buddhist interpretation is itself correct then it's obvious this may be where the Eastern and Western religions could somehow possibly be 'bridged' (the alternate proposition is that either the Eastern or Western religions are sort of brought into disrepute. The currently accepted answer seems to be they are of equal validity until proven otherwise)?
clustering galaxies universe
A renowned scientist says he has spotted evidence that a universe existed before the Big Bang.
Professor Roger Penrose from Oxford University says concentric circles discovered in the background microwaves of the universe provides evidence of events that took place before the universe came into being.
The cosmic microwave offers us a ghostly look at the the universe just 300,000 years after the Big Ban' - a microscopic amount of time compared to the universe's estimated age of 13.7billion years.
The research by Penrose, who was awarded the 1988 Wolf Prize along with Stephen Hawkings for adding to our cosmic knowledge, adds evidence to the theory that the universe has expanded ('the Big Bang') and contracted ('the Big Crunch') many times.
The Daily Galaxy reports that Prof Penrose, along with Professor Vahe Gurzadyan of the Yerevan State University, Armenia believe images of the CMB from NASA's Wilkinson Microwave Anisotophy Probe shows imprints in the radiation that are older than the Big Bang.
They say they have discovered 12 examples of concentric circles, some of which have five rings - which means the same object has had five massive events in its history.
The rings appear around galaxy clusters in which the variation in the background radiation appears to be strangely low.
- to push others across the line someone there needs to be a reconciliation of the world's five core religions? Needs to be a group of them (across all religions. To prove it's not impossible?), they need to amplify their power levels (to prove it to themselves and others), they need to have consistent control over the abilities (to conclusively prove it), need to keep their body in good condition ('body is your temple' makes sense now given how much more difficult it is to distinguish 'false positives' from genuine pre-cog/prophetic visions as people age?) How figure out a way to figure out a way to reconcile things? Would they have to start/think from scratch? They need to come up with solutions to all the common problems that people face? Avoid the obvious lies and try create solutions. Just work towards fulfillment of certain core prophecies/issues?
- the other interesting thing is that clearly some of these people with abilities may still exist today (as acknowledged through US Stargate (and equivalent elsewhere) programs?)? The obvious question is how some of the others were able to boost their 'power level'. Wondering whether they kept some of the 'artefacts' that some of the others used to boost their amplify their 'power level' (if previous miracles were real such as Moses' staff? Either way guessing that they may have been of limited/temporary use?)?
- could be exactly as others have said and one religion may reign over Earth one day some day in the future?
- no idea how some of these the pre-cogs/prophets seem to get a 'time lock/location' (surely, there isn't a sign in their dreams/visions? They have to exprapolate outwards in which case it's not much different from a pure guess at times?)? Aware of previous work through the 'Stargate Program' (and their equivalent) in attempting to do the same thing but am still struggling to figure out how they can extrapolate to that level (even if you guess and attempt to scale yourself?)? 'Time lock/location' and decoding issue crucial to understanding of re-incarnation in Eastern religions as well? Technically, you can't bring understanding to all religions unless you've experienced things which are inherent to each one? Brings me back to time/lock location issue. If people can come up with mechanisms to solidly identify post-cog visions from standard visions then it becomes a lot more interesting? Evidence reincarnation not necessarily so? Might also be that they're remote viewing, entering bodies of other people, telepathic communication, going forward in time as well, etc? Makes you wonder how they come up with Adam and Eve story? Multiple people warping back in time or was it interpretation of facts? Could it simply be an allegory for people to signal that most people aren't ready for Ascension as yet (should it exist?)?
Global vs Flat-Earth Debate Duluth Georgia
- if multiple pathways into 'Afterlife' it actually makes more sense? The core ideas of most Holy Scriptures are correct? The details are the problem?
- one of the interesting things is how do you identify the 'voice of God'? If anyone undergoes an 'odd experience' and believes himself to be the 'voice of God'?
- people may say that it may be difficult to achieve entry into Afterlife but if you examine Muhammad and Jesus they were from relatively lowly backgrounds? Moreover, most people have IQs which fall into roughly the same area. It may simply be a case of re-training people? Once the core work is able to be delivered by certain people then a lot of the ways of this world will seem self defeating? I think most people need to be trained to see through all the mumbo jumbo and find a different, better way
- if Adam/Eve story is true then deep down technically everyone should have memories of what it's like back in 'Heaven' (should it exist. Eastern religions have more experience with this? This assumes genetic memory of some sort though?)?
- one of the things that I find interesting is that there's a big gaping hole that some people feel as part of this world?
- one phenomenon that some of the pre-cogs/prophets are aware of is that somehow they aren't actually able to use their abilities for anything bad? Is it possible that somehow the substance that can be used to establish everlasting life is also linked to this? Don't believe that this is able to be supplied yet to humanity as yet but life extensions at least for the time being?
- for a long time now, most religions have assumed that they are roughly doing the same thing? Clear that some people just want things on their particular terms which is causing some problems? Else, they're unable to see through 'the fog' (so to speak) to reach the truth? That said, the split in the religions is actually a good thing because it allows them
blue multiple arm god hindu
Kālī, also known as Kālikā, is a Hindu goddess. Kali's earliest appearance is that of a destroyer of evil forces. She is the goddess of one of the four subcategories of the Kulamārga, a category of tantric Saivism. Over time, she has been worshipped by devotional movements and tantric sects variously as the Divine Mother, Mother of the Universe, Adi Shakti, or Adi Parashakti. Some Shakta Hindu and Tantric sects, particularly ones who follow the Kalikula system, additionally worship her as the ultimate reality or Brahman. She is also seen as divine protector and the one who bestows moksha, or liberation. Kali is often portrayed standing or dancing on her consort, the Hindu god Shiva, who lies calm and prostrate beneath her. Kali is worshipped by Hindus throughout India. Kali is one of the ten Mahavidyas, a list which combines Sakta and Buddhist goddesses.
Gautama Buddha (c. 563 BCE/480 BCE – c. 483 BCE/400 BCE), also known as Siddhārtha Gautama, Shakyamuni Buddha, or simply the Buddha, after the title of Buddha, was an ascetic (śramaṇa) and sage, on whose teachings Buddhism was founded. He is believed to have lived and taught mostly in the eastern part of ancient India sometime between the sixth and fourth centuries BCE.[note 3]
Gautama taught a Middle Way between sensual indulgence and the severe asceticism found in the śramaṇa movement common in his region. He later taught throughout other regions of eastern India such as Magadha and Kosala.
Gautama is the primary figure in Buddhism. He is recognized by Buddhists as an enlightened teacher who attained full Buddhahood, and shared his insights to help sentient beings end rebirth and suffering. Accounts of his life, discourses, and monastic rules are believed by Buddhists to have been summarized after his death and memorized by his followers. Various collections of teachings attributed to him were passed down by oral tradition and first committed to writing about 400 years later.
Recollection of nine virtues attributed to the Buddha is a common Buddhist meditation and devotional practice called Buddhānusmṛti. The nine virtues are also among the 40 Buddhist meditation subjects. The nine virtues of the Buddha appear throughout the Tipitaka, and include:
Buddho – Awakened
Sammasambuddho – Perfectly self-awakened
Vijja-carana-sampano – Endowed with higher knowledge and ideal conduct.
Sugato – Well-gone or Well-spoken.
Lokavidu – Wise in the knowledge of the many worlds.
Anuttaro Purisa-damma-sarathi – Unexcelled trainer of untrained people.
Satthadeva-Manussanam – Teacher of gods and humans.
Bhagavathi – The Blessed one
Araham – Worthy of homage. An Arahant is "one with taints destroyed, who has lived the holy life, done what had to be done, laid down the burden, reached the true goal, destroyed the fetters of being, and is completely liberated through final knowledge."
God of Contentment & Happiness
Origin = Chinese Taoism / Buddhism
Chinese Name = Bùdài, Budai or Putai
Said to be an incarnation of Miroku Bodhisattva.
Miroku is known in China as Mílè Púsà, Miluo Fo, or Miluo Pusa.
Hotei is known in the West as the Fat Buddha or Laughing Buddha.
Hotei is one of Japan’s Seven Lucky Gods. Reportedly based on
a real person. Commonly depicted bald, smiling, with a big belly,
bulging ears, and a large sack and fan in his hands.
Associated Virtue = Magnanimity
secret jesus gospels
- for me the most interesting thing is the way people have interpreted things. Effectively, it's the same message being delivered but it's been interpreted in a million different ways. I suspect that religiously driven violence may never come to an end?
- lots of interesting contradictions throughout religion. For instance, how to deal with religious differences on return. My guess is that people will learn more about one another's religions. If anything this may be the only way in which people will be able to resolve their differences without coerced conversion? How do you explain all of the problems/contradictions? Did humanity really get thrown out of the Garden of Eden? Here's the other issue. Let's say that the Revelations (and it's equivalent in other religions) is correct and that technically they can raise all of the dead, cure all illness, give people everlasting life, etc... Why should any of those who are supposedly 'on the way up' help? Moreover, who do they help? In reality, this world isn't that innocent anymore? One very interesting thing is that almost all of the breakthroughs for humanity have come via people who possibly doubled as pre-cogs/prophets yet almost no progress has been made on the upper limit for life expectancy over humanity's entire history? It's also very obvious that people behind it were very incredibly cynical? The think of it from the carrot/stick approach (but at the very extreme end)?
Statism - The Most Dangerous Religion (feat. Larken Rose)
- interesting that all of the religions fortell of a day when the whole world shall becomes 'God's Empire'? Personally, can't see that happening unless the Western and Eastern religions can be bridged through verifiable facts though? Simple comparison indicates that the 'Home World/Home Planet/Heaven'? looks somewhat similar in both Eastern and Western religions? Moreover, birth of Universe looks somewhat similar though Western version seems limited to one cycle as opposed to the Eastern version which contains many cycles (implies re-birth of the Universe and people as well?)? Something interesting is that the Eastern religions seem to contain more detail regarding 'Home World/Home Planet/Heaven' and what 'Ascended Beings' may be made of (should it and they exist respectively?)? Another intesting thing is that technically, we may be arguing about process and categorisation when it comes to some of these 'Ascended Beings' (should they exist?). Obvious, that at least some of the religions recognise some of these issues? You'd likely need more then one pre-cog/prophet with a low 'false positive rate' (I find it extremely difficult to believe that some of the religions were founded on the basis of pre-cogs/prophets with only half a dozen pre-cog/prophetic visions/dreams?)... The fascinating thing is that despite appearing primitive most of the pre-cogs/prophets of old were often pretty intelligent or else extremely thoughtful? Moreover, they often passed the 'reasonability paradox' with flying colours. Namely, they were often able to come up with solutions to problems which were able to circumvent previous paradigms and ones which required more forceful actions? At the end of the day, I'm not quite certain some of them are as different as others make them out to be? It's almost as though the religions deliberately obfuscated parts of the Holy Scriptures to ensure no one could make sense of it outside of those who were supposed to know sometimes?
Dalai Lama concludes four-day teaching for Southeast Asians
- one of the things I've been thinking about is the issue of false positives in the case of 'remote viewing'. Some of the theories that have been posited is that they're possibly seeing into alternative realities. However, this doesn't make sense to those pre-cogs/prophets with extremely low false positive rates (they just seem to see what will happen and there is nothing they can do to break out of those set of circumstances?). Is it possible that they haven't factored in human 'free will'? Let's say they lock on a set of time/space co-ordinates but then the people in question change their mind? Then the reality will appear different? Wouldn't explain issues when looking back in time though? If they had've figured things out then we wouldn't be the situation whereby most people sort of think about religion at the back of their minds rather then the front? Obvious that religions and security services have sort of tried to establish protocols in the past but have had limited success?
- leads me to my next point? One thing which is frustrating is that (based on what I've researched) a lot of pre-cogs/prophets have mechanisms through which to distinguish false positives a lot of the time. My guess it's the same with those looking backwards in time as well? How do they achieve time/location lock though? This is what makes the Eastern religions so interesting (when compared to the Western religions)... Their pre-cogs/prophets seem to experience the same problem. Namely, their 'bad or mediocre pre-cog/prophetic visions' occur when their access 'good pre-cog/prophetic visions' shuts down and vice versa? Still can't rule out mental illness as a problem obviously but the problem is the way things seem to come true over and again for these guys (which is the reason why they worry about them so much)?
- having a hard time believing that all of the major pre-cogs/prophets didn't experience more then the total number of visions/dreams recorded in the Holy Scriptures? Can't be just half a dozen which drove them to that point? Had to be something more?
- earlier I said that if there is an Afterlife of some sort most people should now roughly which way they're headed? If that's the case and people read through summaries of each religion and then choose which pathway seems most appropriate to them I wonder which way they would go?
- if you track the Revelations (and their equivalent) across religions there are some interesting pre-cogs/prophets out there? Technically, from the outside it's very difficult for someone who isn't a pre-cog/prophet to recognise one who is which leads to all sorts of problems? As I said, the list of possible scientists who doubled as pre-cogs/prophets is really surprising (Newton, Einstein, Da Vinci, Bohr, Mendel, Ramanujan, etc...)? It makes you wonder whether the various religions were right after all? Whether all human knowledge, wisdom, and progress does come from a third party/Heaven after all? Also, makes you understand the mindset of some of the pre-cogs/prophets? For instance, over and over again various religions speak of God being merciful, wise, generous, etc?
How did Islamic scholars study the universe without telescopes
- either way, I think a lot of these guys are more worried about the issue of human acceptance then anything? None of them want to fall into the trap of declaring themselves of 'Messiah' for fear of what humans will to do them (in spite of their possible best intentions and the fact that they may simply be wasting their time?)? Most of them aren't too worried about their final destination in the 'Afterlife' if there is one)? No sane person would likely be pursue this task without internal mechanisms through which to verify what others have done?
- some of them using it in such a cynical (and funny) way?
- analysing religion reminds me of something a retired intelligence officer/analyst once said? Sometimes there are things you'll never figure out?
- clarifying Jesus's status is core to resolving a lot of religious confusion? Huge confusion among Jews, Islamist, and Christians/Catholics due to his status? Jews don't see him as 'it', Islamists see him as an important pre-cog/prophet. Christians/Catholics see him as a Messianic figure. His knowledge gap is an obvious problem. Technically, Hindu and Islamist pre-cogs/prophets came out ahead (assumming there wasn't any plagiarism involved?) If you look at the statistics basically around 2-3 billion people (around half the world's current population) have been lost due to conflict amongst involved these two religions alone (admittedly, most after the death of the pre-cog/prophet in question?)? Here's the other interesting thing. Technically, a lot of them feel as though they can't use their abilities for anything bad? Religious research indicates that the 'Holy Spirit' supposedly can mostly only be used for good purposes (doesn't exclude recreation but there are limitations?)? This means that for the conversion of Earth to occur (Second Outpost/Second Heaven is created on Earth) without violating the 'reasonability paradox' (issues can be overcome without forceful/violent action which most of the pre-cogs/prophets seem to held themselves to mostly?) enough people on Earth had to be sufficiently prepared for allow for cohesion? This means enough to fan out over and convince others over to their way of thinking? In the abscence of this the only real choice is to bring back science and technology from Heaven itself? Indications that most 'Ascended Beings' have at least some form of 'free will' of some sort? If this is the case, it brings personal interpretation (of the 'Ascended Being') into question? He simply got his read of things wrong?, he went 'too early' without getting necessary preparatory work done?, etc? Note, that all of these problems would apply to any of pre-cogs/prophets/Ascended Beings across the board as well?
- as I said previously it feels at times as though some of those who have 'Ascended' may simply be offering those who a chance in an 'Afterlife' of sorts. As far as life extensions are concerned as I said previously humanity's upper limit has been stuck at ~120 years of age for several milliennia now. Research suggests that 'Ascended Beings' (such as angels, Arcs, Gods, even pre-cogs/prophets who have somehow gone through?) aware that they have the ability to change form and seem to have dropped their bodies? Wonder whether that that particular form is somewhat similar to some of what has been speculated regarding the 'Holy Spirit'. Is it that adhesion/conversion can only occur if the current person has progressed to or past a particular point (still doesn't how Satan maintained his abilities though unless he figured out a way around it? Assuming there are gatekeepers to Heaven though should it exist which means that even if others figure out ways around it they'll still never be able to get in?)? My guess is that the best that for the time being the best that any of these guys can offer may simply be life extensions for the time being? Is it possible that our mortal bodies are fundamentally limited though and humans need to find an alternate form/re-engineer their bodies to extend their lives? Other alternate method is age reset as I advocated in an earlier post? Reset worn-out body parts periodically? Need to forgo surgery and work inside out to reduce trauma from surgery? Not as simple as resetting cells because it's like a huge machine of crazy complexity which means that reductivist logic will give people a difficult time finding the correct reset button? Is resetting things via viruses by changing cell organelles the correct way? Do we need to change the cells themselves? Can we simply clean things up internally/externally cell wise (think of neuro-degenerative disease in particular where beta-amyloid buildup seems to be a major problem in Alzhemiers (maes you wonder whether Schizoprehnia is a variation of it?). Is it possible the memories are still in there but we just need to clear things up? Obvious access issues faced by blood-brain barrier overcome by direct ventricular/catheter access but obviously increases chances of infection as well as reduces integrity of cranial structure though? Blood-brain barrier is there for a reason? What about compound structures/compounds that pull each other through and re-form on the other side?)? Obviously, last idea leads to an interesting idea. Namely, maintaining neurological system but resorting to a hybrid human/mechanical/technological body? As I said previously, likely forgos entry into Heaven (if it exists) but will also likely give people an extended lifespan to achieve Enlightenment/Moksha (if that is valid?)?
- since each person has a slightly different body then technically each person requires slightly tailored medical care? Better targeting, marking, diagnostic systems required particularly in tracking pathways for objects as they move throughout the body?
- one of the interesting things is if 'Ascended Beings' are made of something different they did so in order to overcome aspects of their mortal/biological form (which of course is much more susceptible to issues then alternates?)
- one of the interesting things is if 'Ascended Beings' are made of something different they did so in order to overcome aspects of their mortal/biological form (which of course is much more susceptible to issues then alternates?)
- ways to attack more sensitive surgery (such as sciatica) obviously includes nanobots (robots inside the body), direct injection, cauterisation (via laser), physical disconnect (scalpel), disconnect (using any method?), magnets (in combination with suitable substance as previously mentioned in my other posts), bi-factor and multi-factor agents that take multiple pathways through the body but end up at the same time, bio-engineered cells which are specially made/enabled to adhere to target surfaces?, electrical discharge mechanisms (useful in nerve damage which causes pain which explains the theory behind magnet based medical devices. Guess it works similar to principle of 'arcing' and 'lightning' seeking more suitable points for electrical signal discharge which reduces the impact of and alleviates pain?), microwave/ultrasonic multi-beaming style technologies which can be used to dull the pain? (possible alternative to anesthetic if it can be perfected? Works on the principle that vibrating cells at a high but hopefully safe rate to produce localised numbing sensation), direct injection, temperature re-regulation, etc...
- clear that there are individuals and groups that have been pushing for a 'Second Coming' of some sort in spite of the risk of an Apocalypse (assuming, that the Revelations and equivalent component of religions is correct?)
- one of the obvious things with the state run programs is that they may be doing it for less then pure reasons? The irony is that if you understand why many things seem to come at the same time is that the final few pre-cogs/prophets are likely to have power and access levels? This means that most religious problems can be more easily resolved? Humans assume that God somehow made energy/matter Ex-Nihilo? If that's the case it opens up a whole lot of different things. It means that enough energy is now available for energy based shields and FTL travel. It's at this point that people may realise that not giving away such technology is self-defeating. Instead of fighting one another for resources in finite world all of time/space opens up which means you no longer have to fight for finite resources? The world should technically unite as one? The earlier Hyperspace drive design that I looked at earlier is important for several reasons. If you overlay standard EM on top of the Hyperspace window and then overlay computer analysis/AI on top of it then technically it also means that you can surveillance without the massive military/industrial complex that many countries seem to have? It's at this point that you realise that the current way of life which many people hold dear would cease to make any sense? Even withholding the chance of unending life seems nonsensical? Everything would just feel as though it locks together finally?
- possible to trick yourself that others are capable of miracles through mis-interpretation/mis-attribution?
- absolutely certain no matter what, religion is a combination of truth, lies, mis-interpretation, etc... It would be internally coherent otherwise?
- certain things are virtually impossible to fix no matter what you give/trade?
Is Netanyahu changing rules around al-Aqsa mosque
- how you get it should matter?
- animal news
Nothing Will Keep This Chimp Away From His Favorite Snacks
Smart Monkey Drink Coca Cola With Woman In Cambodia
Squirrel enjoys the fresh sheets _ funny animal videos!
Watch this AND LAUGH ALL DAY - Funny SQUIRREL compilation
Meet Wally! The funny & cute Pet Squirrel
Elephants helped rescue 600 people from floods in Nepal
All’s well that ends well - San Diego zoo treats tiger cub saved from smuggler
Hiking With Bears
- some music resources
HISE, an open source competitor to Kontakt
- like I said previously feels like the US Empire is teetering on the edge of collapse? Moreover, most of it's rivals seem to sense this as well? They're using whatever they can to push it over that edge? The problem isn't as simple as it seems. The US has tried to integrate themselves into the world (which is a good and bad thing) but this also means that all of it's allies are also in trouble? Note, that when it comes down to it the US will not face up against genuine near peer threats such as China and Russia (look at North Korea and Ukraine in particular)? One interesting thing is that on a lot of alternative news websites out there the anti-Clinton campaign is still seems to be continuing?
Counting the Cost - Cryptocurrencies - Another digital gold rush
Worst aggression in 200 yrs - Venezuela stands up to US sanctions
'US hides real debt, in worse shape than Greece'
The Stream – Will a nuclear weapons ban make the world safer
North Korea’s missiles may turn Japan away from pacifism
North Korea is ready to strike unless 'US starts acting sensibly'
UK and Japan push for new sanctions against North Korea
US Ally Ukraine Helped North Korea Build their ICBM
CrossTalk - Bullhorns - Breakdown (EXTENDED VERSION)
South Korea wants to bring back tactical US nuclear weapons
'Talks are the only way out of Korea crisis' - California governor to RT
‘Korea crisis can’t be solved with sanctions and pressure’ - Putin during Economic forum
Putin - Military hysteria over N. Korea may lead to planetary catastrophe, heavy loss of life
Putin on US establishment - Working with people who confuse Austria & Australia is hard
- latest in defense
Is Hezbollah stronger after its involvement in Syria - Inside Story
Iraq now a war-based economy, with over 2 million serving in military
Anti-drone gun - Kalashnikov presents its REX-1
Artificial intelligence experts demand ban on AI weapons
Inside Story - Is the Saudi-led coalition failing in Yemen
'Nothing but sand' - Refugees report 'prison-like' conditions in Syrian opposition-controlled camps
Talk to Al Jazeera - Hassan al-Thawadi - World Cup is the perfect tool to fight terrorism
Russian Diplomat Warns US Close to the use of Force on North Korea
China Will Defend North Korea in Preemptive Strike
Up to 40,000 civilians trapped in Tal Afar, Iraq, amid anti-ISIS op - UN
Artificial intelligence experts demand ban on AI weapons
F-16D lost outside of Stafford, Arizona killing pilot.
Smoke vs radar and IR
AESA Radar range calculator
- does anyone else notice the number of 'really weird incidents' directly involving US defense forces of late?
- latest in science and technology
Canadian scientists explain rare 'nocturnal sun' phenomenon
Is this Evidence of a Secret Alien War Taking Place [FULL VIDEO]
- latest in finance and politics
CrossTalk - Bullhorns - Breakdown (EXTENDED VERSION)
Is Pope Francis a real reformer - UpFront
Keiser Report - Empire of Debt (E1114)
Keiser Report - Never-ending Trump Surge in The Markets (E1115)
Keiser Report - Bitcoin bond (E1116)
Keiser Report - The bizarre decade (E1117)
Keiser Report - Economic war with China (E1118)
Keiser Report - Is US really a 3% GDP economy (E1119)
Inside Story - Why does Europe continue to be a 'terrorist' target - Inside Story
Inside Story - What influence do BRICS nations have
Inside Story - Are the US and Russia engaged in a new Cold War
Inside Story - A recipe for renewed unrest in Kenya
The Listening Post - Zimbabwe - Mugabe's Media Legacy
Hurricane Harvey’s impact on the US oil industry
Talk to Al Jazeera - Rabbi Dovid Weiss - Zionism has created 'rivers of blood'
Talk to Al Jazeera - Saad al-Kaabi - 'The blockade has made Qatar stronger'
The Listening Post - China's propaganda machine in overdrive
The Listening Post - Charlottesville, Trump and the media
Inside Story - Why are Rohingya refugees stranded in no-man's land
Is Netanyahu changing rules around al-Aqsa mosque
Counting the Cost - Trump's NAFTA talks - What's at stake - Counting the Cost
The Listening Post - Charlottesville - White supremacy and the White House
Inside Story - Is the US punishing Egypt
India - Godmen, Con Men and the Media - The Listening Post
Nobody in Europe can say ‘I’m safe in my country’ – Calais deputy mayor to RT
The Stream - Hate speech v free speech - Where is the line Part 1
The Stream - Hate speech v free speech - Where is the line Part 2
The Stream - The Stream - #StreamUpdate - Lebanon rape law scrapped and Zambia's Hichilema free
Inside Story - Will Donald Trump last through his first full term as US president
South Africa considers privatisation to counter recession
Egyptian businesses struggle as costs soar
Global Agenda to Destroy Monuments - US, Syria, and Poland
Taking a stand by bending a knee - How Colin Kaepernick started a movement
Barcelona attack prime suspect shot dead by police
Trump gives address on strategy for Afghanistan and South Asia (STREAMED LIVE)
Israeli forces 'jeopardising' Palestinian patients in hospital raids
Moral Compass - RT asks Americans whether big business leaders now offer best guidance
The Listening Post - Reporting labour in the US media
ALTERNATIVES TO YOUTUBE
- Studies on animals support this approach when it comes to weight loss and hormonal control. In some preliminary studies, rats given free access to high fat foods but only for relatively short periods of time, weighed less, and had no issues with their cholesterol levels, blood glucose levels or inflammation in the liver. On the other hand, rats given free access to food across 24 hour periods gained weight, developed high cholesterol and high blood glucose as well as impaired motor control. Researchers concluded that constant feeding results in the body going into storage mode — gaining weight and placing stress on the liver which in turn results in increased blood glucose levels. On the other hand, when we stop eating for a number of hours, the liver stops releasing glucose into the bloodstream and instead uses it to repair the body’s cells, which in turn reduced inflammation. In addition, cholesterol is more likely to be broken down rather than stored.
- Nine countries are believed to have nuclear arsenals with the US and Russia on top of the list with an estimated 7,000 nuclear warheads each and North Korea at the bottom probably with less than 20, if any. How come Kim Jong-un’s nuclear weapons launch tests have become more dangerous than Donald Trump’s arsenal of about 2,000 deployed warheads?
- "The amount of empirical data that we have grows by the minute. We’ve even reached an impasse of sorts because we don’t know what to do with this data. We could sort it, of course, and there are processing methods available, but we are not advancing further. If I study each and every cell in your body, I won’t learn anything about your personality. And delving into brains and pulling out each and every neuron out won’t help me understand how it works. Okay, so we’ve studied 30 billion more neurons, now what? What question have we answered? None. We need a genius who can tell us ‘you need to ask a different question.’ It’s clear that at this point that a new theory is badly needed," Chernigovskaya said, adding that philosophy plays a key role in this matter.
- A Russian surveillance aircraft has made a low altitude flight over the Pentagon, the Capitol and other US government buildings in Washington.
The Russian Air Force Tupolev Tu-154 made its flight on Wednesday as part of the Treaty on Open Skies, which allows military aircraft from the US, Russia and 32 other nations to engage in aerial observation flights on each others' territories, in a move which is aimed at promoting transparency.
The Capitol Police issued an alert prior to the flight noting that an “authorized low-altitude aircraft” would be passing over without announcing its origins.
"The aircraft will be large and may fly directly over the US Capitol," it said, adding, “This flight will be monitored by US Capitol Police and other federal government agencies.”
The recent flight is scheduled to be followed by another one over US President Donald Trump’s property in Bedminster, New Jersey, where he is currently vacationing.
According to a law enforcement source, US Air Force personnel were on board the Russian plane, which has the capability of engaging in various intelligence-gathering operations.
According to the US State Department, the treaty "is designed to enhance mutual understanding and confidence by giving all participants, regardless of size, a direct role in gathering information through aerial imaging on military forces and activities of concern to them."
- The United States has expelled two diplomats from the Cuban Embassy in Washington, DC, according to Department of State spokesperson Heather Nauert.
Nauert said on Wednesday the expulsions were in response to a series of attacks on a group of US diplomats in Havana with a covert sonic weapon.
"Some US government personnel who were working in our embassy in Havana, Cuba on official duty… they reported some incidents which have caused a variety of physical symptoms," Nauert stated.
"We can tell you that on May 23, the State Department took further action. We asked two officials who were accredited at the embassy of Cuba in the United States to depart the United States. Those two individuals have departed the United States,” she said.
American officials told The Associated Press that five diplomats, some along with their spouses, had been affected by the attacks in which a covert sonic weapon allegedly was used. The FBI and Diplomatic Security Service are investigating.
Nauert said that investigators could not determine yet the real reason behind incidents but stated they take them "very seriously".
"We requested their departure as a reciprocal measure since some US personnel's assignments in Havana had to be curtailed due to these incidents," she said.
"Under the Vienna Convention, Cuba has an obligation to take measures to protect diplomats,” she added.
Former US President Barack Obama re-established diplomatic relations with Havana in 2015 and loosened some restrictions on doing business in the country during his tenure in the White House.
During last year’s presidential campaign, Donald Trump threatened to “terminate” deals that the Obama administration made with Cuba.
Now, according to source, President Trump is considering sanctions against Cuba in a bid to scale back Obama’s policy shift towards the southern neighbor.
- The Facebook application has 2 billion active users around the world. Google’s YouTube has 1.5 billion. These numbers are comparable to Christianity and Islam, respectively, giving Facebook and Google influence greater than most First World countries. They are too big and too global to be held accountable. Other attention-based apps — including Instagram, WhatsApp, WeChat, SnapChat and Twitter — also have user bases between 100 million and 1.3 billion. Not all their users have had their brains hacked, but all are on that path. And there are no watchdogs.
Anyone who wants to pay for access to addicted users can work with Facebook and YouTube. Lots of bad people have done it. One firm was caught using Facebook tools to spy on law abiding citizens. A federal agency confronted Facebook about the use of its tools by financial firms to discriminate based on race in the housing market. America’s intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia interfered in our election and that Facebook was a key platform for spreading misinformation. For the price of a few fighter aircraft, Russia won an information war against us.
Incentives being what they are, we cannot expect Internet monopolies to police themselves. There is little government regulation and no appetite to change that. If we want to stop brain hacking, consumers will have to force changes at Facebook and Google.
- Real power in the US resides in the military generals appointed by President Donald Trump, and they all share the view that the US "must maintain its global hegemony at all costs," says a foreign policy expert.
US Defense Secretary James Mattis, National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster and White House Chief of Staff John Kelly are three retired generals hand-picked by Trump that “form a triumvirate at the seat of power,” said Professor Dennis Etler, a professor of Anthropology at Cabrillo College in Aptos, California.
The escalating tensions between the US and North Korea over Pyongyang’s nuclear and missile tests highlights that Washington cannot tolerate a nuclear rival on the Korean Peninsula, Etler said.
“While the fiery rhetoric by both sides amounts to no more than posturing, it still contributes to an increasingly tense atmosphere and many fear it could lead to dire consequences,” Etler said in an interview with Press TV on Wednesday.
“But a look behind the scenes shows a somewhat different picture. On the US side, real power now resides in a triumvirate of military henchmen, Mattis at the helm of the Defense (aka War Department), McMaster as National Security Adviser and Kelly as chief of staff. These three retired Generals form a triumvirate at the seat of power,” he argued.
“As top members of the military industrial complex and the national security state, they share the same perspective; maintain US global hegemony at all costs.”
- Washington: The US government expelled two Cuban diplomats in May, after Americans working at the US Embassy in Havana suffered unexplained physical ailments, the State Department said on Thursday.
US officials blamed a string of bizarre incidents that left a group of American diplomats in Havana with severe hearing loss, attributed to a covert sonic device.
A small number of Americans began reporting symptoms at the end of 2016, and a few either were removed for medical treatment in the United States or asked to leave, State Department officials said on Thursday.
Some of the diplomats' symptoms were so severe that they were forced to cancel their tours early and return to the United States, officials said.
Spokeswoman Heather Nauert linked "incidents which have caused a variety of physical symptoms" to the decision to expel two Cubans, but she did not directly blame the Cuban government for harming the Americans.
"We don't have any definitive answers about the source or the cause," of symptoms she characterised as not life-threatening.
After months of investigation, US officials concluded that the diplomats had been exposed to an advanced device that operated outside the range of audible sound and had been deployed either inside or outside their residences. It was not immediately clear if the device was a weapon used in a deliberate attack, or had some other purpose.
The Cuban government said in a lengthy statement late Wednesday that "Cuba has never permitted, nor will permit, that Cuban territory be used for any action against accredited diplomatic officials or their families, with no exception."
- "President Maduro swore in this illegitimate Constituent Assembly to further entrench his dictatorship, and continues to tighten his grip on the country," US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement.
"This regime's disregard for the will of the Venezuelan people is unacceptable, and the United States will stand with them in opposition to tyranny until Venezuela is restored to a peaceful and prosperous democracy."
Maduro insists that a new constitution is needed “to restore peace,” stop the opposition from carrying out a “coup d’etat,” and address social and economic problems of the country.
He has repeatedly condemned what he calls "imperialist meddling" by the United States.
In reaction to the latest sanctions, Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza said the US was "making a fool of itself in front of the world."
It "doesn't respect any criterion, any basic principle of international law," Arreaza told state television. "Venezuela can't be sanctioned for anything, nor by anybody."
- On 18 April, Trump issued an executive order on "buy American, hire American" intended to promote the hiring of Americans for jobs in preferences to foreigners, provided there was local talent that could fill a vacancy.
The FT report said that foreigners were not inclined to apply to US technology companies. There was a 4% fall in the rate of acceptance of interview requests from the third quarter to the fourth quarter last year when Trump won the election.
The chief executive of Hired, Mehu Patel, told the newspaper that prospective employers were in a state of "limbo".
A similar effect had been seen when the UK voted to leave the EU last year. At that time, there was a fall of about 30% in the number of technology companies in the UK making job offers to foreign candidates.
Patel said that big technology companies, which were doing well financially, and start-ups that had received increased venture capital were all hiring. However, there was a shortfall of candidates.
Hired found of more than 300 tech industry workers surveyed in the UK, about 40% had thought of relocating to another country after the US election, with a third preferring Canada, followed by Germany, Asian countries and Australia.
Forty-three percent of those who were surveyed said the UK had become a less desirable place to live in after Brexit.
This is the latest in my series on quick, easy, and tasty meals: http://dtbnguyen.blogspot.com/2015/05/vegas-style-food-recipes.html ht...
- many people are often critical of choices that are often made in other countries. If you think carefully about it, massive loops have bee...
If you're like many others on the planet you probably can't be bothered purchasing a new piece of software in order to test an appl...